Reminisce Outdoor Fun Photo Contest (#181)
1. Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal U.S. residents residing in one of the 50 United States or District of Columbia and legal residents of Canada (excluding the Province of Québec) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. This Contest is sponsored by RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC (“Sponsor”), the publisher of Reminisce. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiary companies, judging agents and promotion partners, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to participate. Contest is void where prohibited by law or otherwise regulated.
2. How To Enter: Contest begins at 10:00 am Central Time on December 2nd, 2016 and ends at 4:00 pm Central Time on January 31st, 2017 (the “Deadline Date”). To enter visit http://www.reminisce.com/contests and follow the instructions. You can also enter by mailing your submission with the required entry information (see below) in a sealed envelope with proper postage affixed to:
Reminisce Outdoor Fun Photo Contest (#181)
C/O RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC
1610 N. 2nd St. Ste. 102
Milwaukee, WI 53212
All entries must include your submission (as set forth in paragraph 3 below) with your full name, address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, telephone number and email address (if you have one) and refer to the Reminisce Outdoor Fun Photo Contest (#181). Each mail-in entry must be postmarked no later than the Deadline Date and received no later than February 7, 2017 to be eligible. Entries submitted in geographic areas in which the entry is not permissible will be disqualified. If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Please be certain to follow all directions. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Contest. In the event the Contest is entered via a mobile device, Message and Data charges may apply. Entries submitted for this contest will not be returned.
3. Submissions: Entrants will be able to submit photographs in 4 categories, on the theme of fun in the great outdoors: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. Entrants will be required to tell us in at least 50 words – why you chose this picture and/or inspiration for your submission. Digital photos should be at least 5 MB in size with a maximum size of 25 MB, 300 DPI and 1200 x 1800 pixels. Mail-in entries should be duplicates only (no originals). To enter mail-in entries, send us an unmounted 8×10 photograph. On a separate piece of paper, print your name, street address, daytime telephone number and email address. Include details about where the photo was taken, the people in it and your relationship to them, and any other information that would help us write a caption. Tape the paper to the back of the photo. Don’t write on the photo itself. Please note that prints made at home should be printed on glossy, premium photo stock. Submissions will not be acknowledged or returned. Eligible persons can submit as many entries as they like.
All entries become the property of Sponsor. Each submission must be the original work of entrant and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other rights of any person or entity. By submitting your photo for this Contest, you grant Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and licensees all right, title and interest in the submitted entry which includes the right to publish your photo and any other information provided worldwide in all print and electronic media (now or hereafter existing) without time limitation, and the right to include your name and hometown (e.g., city and state) in connection therewith. Sponsor reserves the right to crop, edit, modify, translate, reproduce and distribute the submitted material in any medium and in any manner as it deems appropriate. Sponsor may contact you via phone or email regarding your submission.
All photographs of any person must have the permission of that person (or parent or legal guardian) authorizing contest entry and the rights set forth above for use of the photo. Sponsor may contact you via phone or email requesting a photo release.
4. Judging: All entries must meet the Contest requirements. A panel of Reminisce staff members will review and select winners based on the following criteria:
• Originality: 20%
• Quality: 60%
• Personality: 20%
In the event of a tie, the highest score in the Quality category will determine the winner. Winners may have their submissions featured in the June/July 2017 issue of Reminisce.
5. Winners and Prizes: A total of 4 winners will be selected as follows: one Grand Prize winner will be awarded $500; one first place winner will be awarded $250; one second place winner will be awarded $100; and one third place winner will be awarded $75. Sponsor and its licensees have the right to publish winners’ names, likenesses, submissions, stories and photographs in future publications of Sponsor and its licensees and in related advertising and publicity materials. Each prize is not transferable and cannot be assigned or substituted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize cannot be awarded for any reason. All taxes, if any, are the winners’ responsibility. Sponsor will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the winners’ acceptance or use of the prize(s). All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded, assuming a sufficient number of qualifying entries is received and meet the minimum judging criteria. The total value of all prizes in this Contest is $925.00.
6. Selection of Winners: Winners will be determined and notified on or about February 14th, 2017 by regular mail and/or email. Any winner may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility, Publicity Release and Payment Authorization within 30 days of prize notification attempt or be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. In the event any winner is a minor in his or her place of residence, all required documentation must be signed by parent or legal guardian. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and alternate winners may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies (if any) to use winner’s name, hometown (e.g., city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
7. Conditions: By entering, participants agree to be bound by these complete Official Rules. Sponsor is not liable for late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, garbled or jumbled, stolen, postage due mail or illegible entries or for printing, distribution or production errors. Sponsor is not liable for any malfunctions or failures of any telephone network or lines, computer internet system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer, mobile or any other device and/or its contents related to or resulting from participation or downloading/uploading any materials relating to this Contest, or other technical difficulties or failures or other errors of any kind. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Contest at any time for any reason. In such a circumstance, all winners will be selected based on entries received to date of termination. Sponsor also reserves the right to modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received and/or an insufficient number of entries meet the minimum judging criteria.
In the event that two similar entries are received, only the entry judged to best meet criteria as set by Sponsor will be included in the final judging. Entrants agree to indemnify Sponsor, its affiliated and subsidiary companies from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Contest. In the event of any dispute regarding the identity of an entrant who submitted an online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used for the entry at the time of entry will be deemed the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process.
8. No Recourse to Judicial or Other Procedures/Severability: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction finds the foregoing waiver unenforceable, entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue residing exclusively within the federal or state courts sitting in Milwaukee County in the State of Wisconsin and agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without reference to principles of conflicts of law. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
9. Anticipated Number of Entrants: The total number of contestants anticipated for US and Canada is 1,000.
10. Winners’ List/Consumer Information: Sponsor may share customer information about you with reputable companies in order for them to offer you products and services of interest to you. If you would rather we not share information, or you do not want to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest mailings from Sponsor, or you wish to receive a list of prize winners, specify your request and write to: Reminisce Outdoor Fun Photo Contest (#181), P.O. Box 50005, Prescott, Arizona 86301-5005. Winners’ list request must be received within one year of the Deadline Date.