These laws have outlived their usefulness, says Patricia Hahn of Birmingham, Michigan, but they’re still on the books.
• In Idaho Falls, Idaho, it’s against the law for anyone 88 years of age or older to ride a motorcycle in town.
• In Binghamton, New York, it’s illegal for ninth-graders to wear mustaches to school.
• In Winston-Salem, North Carolina, it’s against the law for children under age 7 to go to college.
• In Vermont, it’s illegal to whistle underwater
• In Lexington, Kentucky, it’s against the law to carry an ice cream cone in your pocket.
• In Key West, Florida, it’s unlawful to race your turtle against a friend’s.
• In Hartford, Connecticut, it’s against the law to cross the street while walking on your hands.
• In Louisiana, a law gives you the right to grow as tall as you like.